Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 02:13:13 -0800
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        Kerberus <kerberus@inetu.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WHATS WITH THE LIST

At 10:23 PM 2/20/99 -0500, Kerberus wrote:
>Ok im so soRry but i need to VENT, whats with the list here and
>freebsd-mobile... ive tried to get a bit of background on a pcmcia card
>that works in one ctx laptop but not another ctx laptop...... i get a
>device timeout error.... its seems like a simple fix, but Ive gotten no
>support or response what so ever..... and i really dont want to go back
>to linux on this darn thing i want FreeBSD on it..... 2.2.8-release i
>just need a bit of help.
>ANYBODY ANYBODY...???? PLEASE....! Dont make me BEG!!!

From Greg Lehey's "How to get best results from FreeBSD-questions."

"  1.  Remember that nobody gets paid for answering a FreeBSD
      question. They do it of their own free will.  You can influence
      this free will positively by submitting a well-formulated
      question supplying as much relevant information as possible. You
      can influence this free will negatively by submitting an
      incomplete, illegible, or rude question. It's perfectly possible
      to send a message to FreeBSD-questions and not get an answer
      even if you follow these rules.
  7.  If you do all this, and you still don't get an answer, there
     could be other reasons. For example, the problem is so
     complicated that nobody knows the answer, or the person who does
     know the answer was offline. If you don't get an answer after,
     say, a week, it might help to re-send the message. If you don't
     get an answer to your second message, though, you're probably not
     going to get one from this forum.  Resending the same message
     again and again will only make you unpopular."

I myself have often been frustrated by people not answering questions, but
that's life.  FreeBSD still has the best tech support I've seen, commercial
product or no.  (You should have seen me trying to explain what a
horizontal refresh rate was to the support staff at Chembook, for example.
*sigh*)

	 Charon@freethought.org
http://members.home.net/tuathadedanann/

Most people do not know how to behave in a massacre.