Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 19:31:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        brian@mediacity.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to serve email from FreeBSD to various OS clients

brian@mediacity.com wrote:

> There are a number of machines running Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, and
> NT all connected to a Novell server for file sharing, however,
> have no mail via the Novell system.
>
> What right approach should I take to get email to these people from
> the FreeBSD mail server?
>
> Personally, I'd like to do what I can to head away from Novell and
> IPX.
>
> I.E. can I get the Windows machines to speak IP to the FreeBSD
> server while continuing to support the IPX layer to the Novell
> server?

	install qpopper version 3.x on the FreeBSD box.
	install winsock on the windows boxes (dont know bout '95)
	install eudora ion the windows boxes
	they can run both tcp/ip and ipx at the same time.

	you may want to look at _networking_personal_computers_
	wiht_TCP/IP_ by craig hunt via o'reilly

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG