Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 00:54:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux JDK on 2.2

Hi all. I've been trying to get the Linux JDK working on my 2.2-GAMMA
system.  So far, all is well, with the exception of some error messages
from ioctl:

LINUX: 'ioctl' fd=4, typ=0x89(), num=0x1 not implemented
LINUX: 'ioctl' fd=5, typ=0x89(), num=0x1 not implemented
LINUX: 'ioctl' fd=6, typ=0x89(), num=0x1 not implemented
LINUX: 'ioctl' fd=6, typ=0x89(), num=0x1 not implemented

I get this when I run the appletviewer, javac, etc.. The good news is that
it doesn't seem to affect anything, cause everthing runs perfectly. I'm
using the Linux version since it supports 16bpp X-severs, and it seems to
run quite a bit faster than the FreeBSD port. It installed fine, and I
only needed to change .java_wrapper to find bash correctly.. pretty cool.
So far I'm amazed how well the Linux emulation works - I run the Acrobat
readed and Netscape 4.0b2 with no problems. Neato.

Any ideas would be helpful - but like I said, everytthing works, I just
get these annoying messages on stderr (which I can't pipe away, since I
need the compilers error messages and exceptions as well)..

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark
 Nature shows that with the growth of intelligence comes increased capacity
 for pain, and it is only with the highest degree of intelligence that
 suffering reaches its supreme point.  -- Arthur Schopenhauer