Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:45:21 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd-feb@penguinpowered.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw state tables

Hi all,

We're using ipfw as a firewall solution on our network. We are using
stateful rules.

The problem I have though, is that when we reload our ipfw ruleset, all
existing connections to or through the particular machine are lost. This
means a lot of hung ssh sessions.

Is there any way to save the state tables before firewall restart and
then reload them once the new rules are in place ?

Regards,

--
Wayne Pascoe
'tis far easier to get forgiveness than it is to