Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 03:53:43 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Ken Menzel <kenm@icarz.com>
Cc:        Andrew Sherrod <ixkatl@yahoo.com>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann@verio.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle,

Ken Menzel wrote:

> Re: row locking, transactions and "toy",  please see this page.
> http://netgraft.com/~mbac/research/mysqlmyths.html

I did. It only asks those questions it can answer favorably.

  Fact: MySQL does support transactions, just not by default because
  it's believed to be too significant a speed hit for most people to
  need. If you are willing to accept the speed hit for transactions
  you can use the BDB table type.

As DAG said, it's not an option. As I said, MySQL is a nice DBMS for
its niche.

Roelof