Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2018 14:43:22 -0500
From:      CL Moonriver <clmoonriver@equinefiction.com>
To:        greg@unrelenting.technology, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: Xorg / AMDGPU / Radeon

I know this is a bit late, but I just wanted to post my latest
observations.

(1) Everything works okay with the radeonkms driver except that I often
get an X server hang shortly after boot. It only happens once. After
the first hang, it never happens again. (Until after the next boot).
The X server hang involves an unresponsive GPU, and having to reset
the GPU.

(2) Since applying Greg's suggested "hw.syscons.disable=1", I have had
no X server crashes at all.

Again. I don't know the significance of this. But I'm happy to help
with any debugging that I can.