Date:      Tue, 03 Nov 1998 17:09:28 -0800
From:      Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FORWARD mail _from_ specific addresses

I know this isn't exactly FreeBSD related, but I posted to
comp.mail.sendmail and haven't had a reply yet so I thought I would seen if
anywhere here had any ideas.

I was wondering if it is possible using Sendmail 8.9.1 to use the access
feature (or a ruleset or something else) to FORWARD all emails FROM
specific addresses or domains to a local or non-local email account -
without using .forward files.  There are only a few POP accounts on the
server, however, there are several hundred aliases in virtusertable.  I
don't want to keep hundreds of .forward files, in the user's home directories.

I am currently rejecting these emails, but I'm curious to see how many of
these aliases are receiving email from the certain addresses that seem to
continually be sending junk mail, especially if I'm going to be reporting
the abuse to the proper ISP's.

For example, if I know we are getting junk mail from abc@hotmail.com or
from junkmail.com, then I would like all those incoming messages sent to
either local user junk or an outside user junk@domain.com

Is this possible?  Suggestions.

Jerry