Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 18:20:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Faisal M Chaudhry <faisalc@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        faisalc@cs.tamu.edu (Faisal M Chaudhry)
Subject:   Sound card from AcerOpen?

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.7 (from Walnut Creek) on my PC and have also
installed the Hauppage WinCast/TV for a videoconferencing project.  The
video capture card and camera are working well and I am able to use them
with vic.  Next, I need a sound card for use with vat.

I am now trying to figure out which sound card I should buy.  After a
little bit of research (and following the emails on video & sound cards on
this list for a few days) it seems to me that a card with the CS4235,
CS4236, or CS4237 chipset will be best for me.   I think this chipset is
used in the cards manufactured by AcerOpen.  However, I need to get some
pricing information on these cards to see if they are within my range.

Can someone suggest some sound cards that are using this chipset along
with a web site where I can obtain prices? Thanks!

Faisal