Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:47:06 -0800
From:      "Gustavo A. Baratto" <gbaratto@superb.net>
To:        "Ivan Voras" <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror + ggate

Thanks for the links Ivan...

They answered some of my questions, but mostly they don't really describe
what I wanna do, because they mostly refer to more than one client mounting
a gmirrored+ggated device.  I want just one server to mount a gmirrored
device, exported from two different boxes through ggated.

Being more specific:

- Servers X and Y will be file server. They will have big sized identical
partitions (for example /dev/da0s1f), that will be exported through ggated,
and of course not mounted on servers X and Y.

- Server A will ggatec the remote /dev/da0s1f devices from both servers X
and Y (/dev/ggate0 and /dev/ggate1).
Then, server A will create the mirror with the devices ggate0 and ggate1:
# gmirror label -v -b round-robin data ggate0
# gmirror insert data ggate1
# mount /dev/mirror/data /mnt

Just server A will mount /dev/mirror/data RW (or even RO).

Thanks :)