Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 01:23:45 +0900
From:      Shigeyuki Fukushima <shige@FreeBSD.org>
To:        mi@aldan.algebra.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wcol port

From: Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject: wcol port
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:07:42 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you.

I'm sorry for my *too late* reply.

mi> The attached version of the port's  patch-aa will make the port obey the
mi> local settings for CC and CFLAGS.

I want to adopt this modification.
Thanks. I will commit later.

mi> It will also make wcol use syslog  to do the logging, instead of writing
mi> into a file on its own. IMHO, this aproach is better for log redirection
mi> (to another machine, for example) and for log rotation with newsyslog.

But I'm sorry that I can't accept this modification.
I think that some users want to analyze wcol log files.
Then, it is better than logging by syslog that wcol writes its log
to its own log file.

Thanks for your advice!

--- shige <shige@FreeBSD.org>