Date:      Thu, 1 May 2003 20:30:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User DERO <dero@bluhayz.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-performance Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1

Ok, a whole lot of talk about swapping and all, but any of you who have
seen a new computer magazine knows that even common desktop PCs are
capable of a couple GB of RAM. SO, if I am building a high powered
desktop, or a medium sized server. With between 2-4GB of RAM, should I be
partitioning my precious server space with a 4-10GB partition of SWAP?
Since it is a large load LAN server, with about 2GB of RAM, should I have
a good 5GB SWAP partition.
And another question, since buying a couple gigs of RAM upfront isn't an
option, but adding on later is, can FreeBSD handle a multiple GB SwapFile?

prost,
agent dero