Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 1996 09:17:08 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=" (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI system becomes broken in -current?

> >I turn tagged queue off about two hours ago and extensively test
> >my drives under hard load. And still not have this bug, so it seems
> >it _is_ tagged queue related.

I have one good news, Tagged Queueing WORK after firmware upgrade!!!

BTW, SCB Paging still not work for two devices and cause
serious inode damages as before. It work for any of device alone.

> I wasn't expecting you to run it yet, just pointing out that I had the 1060
> in mind when I added generic tagged queueing support to the SCSI system.
> As for stability, the aic7xxx cards have been the only ones tested heavily
> with the new code.  8-) If you can send me the inquiry data again for your
> drive, I can probably combine that with the info in the Linux FAQ entry to
> only penalize the drives with that version of the firmware.

Before upgrade I have
(ahc0:0:0): "CONNER CFP1060S 1.05GB 2135" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
and after upgrade I got
(ahc0:0:0): "CONNER CFP1060S 1.05GB 213C" type 0 fixed SCSI 2

As you can notice, they change 2135->213C, so it seems any
CONNER < 213C can be treated as "known rogue" with proper
kernel warning about its upgrade.

As I already say, it will be nice to put this firmware upgrade somewhere on
FreeBSD ftp with proper link from the hardware FAQ to eliminate possible
problems...

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nagual.ru>