Date:      Fri, 13 May 2022 08:21:21 -0500
From:      Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pfsense and the Trigkey Green G1 mini-computer

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 02:35 Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org> wrote:
> >> Final note: you might want to look at OPNsense as an alternative to
> >> pfSense. I'm in the process of switching as pfSense appears to be more
> >> commercially oriented these days.
> > Can you or anyone else recommend a suitable micro-computer that I can
> > install FreeBSD on to run OPNsense?
> As others have remarked, you just install OPNsense, it's FreeBSD
> modified to install with routing/firewall capabilities and an easy(-ish)
> config system from the start.

Got it--same way as Pfsense.

> As you already have the Trig G1 you ought to be able to use it *if* you
> can find a way into its BIOS. What have you tried so far?

I tried a couple of times changing the boot device and never was able
to get past a Windows boot. (Note I was trying to boot off a USB DVD
and DVD was one of the boot options in the BIOS.) I'm returning it to
Amazon and looking for something else.

That search sounds like a good idea, thanks. I did find what seems
like a better choice: Qotom-Q330G4. Much better documentation, too.
I'm looking at 8 Gb RAM and 128 Gb SSD. Is that too much?

-Tom