Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 18:11:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.baldcom.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New LINT options: what is VM coloring?

Would anyone mind letting me in on exactly what "VM coloring" is, and
especially whether or not I should define one of these?:
# Options for the VM subsystem
#options        PQ_NOOPT                # No coloring
options         PQ_LARGECACHE           # color for 512k/16k cache
#options        PQ_HUGECACHE            # color for 1024k/16k cache
As far as I can tell, it would seem these would be options to set certain
parameters to optimal as far as the VM subsystem goes, and if so, is it
safe to use one?

Cheers,
Brian Feldman
green@unixhelp.org