Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:42:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      neill rr <robalama@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports Problems

Hello again,

On 3.1-Release I have attempted to install a few ports and have had great success until this past
weekend.  After successfully installing Mutt, when I try to run it this is what I get:

myname# mutt &
[1] 6391
myname#
[1]  + Suspended (tty output)        mutt
myname#

and of course nothing happens.

Another port is wmcdplay-1.0b1.  It also installed successfully but this is the error.

myname# wmcdplay &
[2] 6392
myname# wmcdplay : Unable to open cdrom device '/dev/cdrom'.

[2]    Done                          wmcdplay
myname#

I went into the /dev dirictory and looked for associated files for this problem.  I have almost
everything there, and even after running throught "The Complete FreeBSD" I dont see anything that
has "cdrom" (the whole string) for my Creative IDE drive.

x11amp is reacting wierd also.  I just successfully installed it and this is what happens when I
attempt to run it:

myname# x11amp &
x11amp: Command not found.
[1] 13407
[1]    Exit 1                        x11amp
myname#

and this happens even when I am in the /usr/local/bin/ directory.

Most likely I am missing something simple, but any information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Neill