Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:22:28 +0200
From:      Clemens Hermann <haribeau@gmx.de>
To:        Tyler <tjr@cagelink.com>
Cc:        Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>, Baris Simsek <simsek@bimel.com.tr>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VHost SSL

Am 10.04.2002 um 16:08:15 schrieb Tyler:

Hi,

> I have 3-4 SSL Vhosts so its very possible.

Cris probably ment the right thing:

it is not possible to use more than one name-based vhosts with ssl. The reason
is that ssl takes place before the http-protocol comes into play.
It *is* on the other hand possible to use IP-based vhosts with ssl.
As mentioned, one can also use different ports to run more than 1 ssl-vhost
on one IP but this might not be the best solution one could think of.

greetz

/ch

--
"Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly.
It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with."