Date:      Tue, 8 May 2012 21:22:45 +0200
From:      Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plea for bwn maintenance.

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com> wrote:
> ..
>
> If someone would like to tackle this, I can provide access to the hardware
> or I will donate the card to the person.  Whatever works.

I'll get into bwn(4)/bwi(4) and probably also the newer cards, which
require yet another driver/bus, once the ral(4) stuff is sorted out.

>From my currently limited knowledge about the Broadcom mess, bwi(4)
should also use siba(4), for the supported cores that is. That at
least would fix the issue that cards which are better of with bwn(4)
get attached to bwi(4). From a quick glance at the Linux driver, this
seems to be the way to go.

There seem to the following core revisions available 2 and 4 which are
for bwi(4) and 5, 6, 7, 9-13, 15 and 16 for bwn(4). Does anyone know
if there is a map for the revision/PCI ID/device name relation
available? The name bcm4318 itself is a bit misleading imho.

--
Bernhard