Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:30:36 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        makinen@shoreland.com (Jeff Makinen)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scsi disk problem

> I have a problem with an IOMEGA 1GB Jaz drive. Origonally, on a Apaptec
> SCSI controller I had an internal 1GB drive, an external 1GB Jaz drive,
> and a external 100MB Zip drive. I then removed the 100MB Zip drive from
> the chain. Now everytime I try to send files to the Jaz drive, I get the
> error: Input/Output error. The only way to clear the problem is to
> reboot the machine, and power off the Jaz drive. The files appear to be
> successfully copied. I am currently running Free BSD 2.1.6.
> I already changed the termination setting on the Jaz drive from
> Automatic to On.

I have experienced similar problems especially when the (JAZ) drive was
spin down when booting. The kernel says something about not finding the
2940 which I don't remember since I (still) don't have a serial console.

I have also suspected the autotermination and turned it to ON. I have
also tried playing with the various AHC_xxx options but never succeeded.

	-Andre