Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:04:36 +0200
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iwi0: unknown hdr type

Max Laier wrote:
> On Thursday 09 March 2006 23:29, William Lam wrote:
>> Running -CURRENT on an Thinkpad X32 with the standard onboard Intel
>> 2915ABG wireless my system locks up hard if I switch to the console. I
>> get an endless flood of the following messages:
>>
>> iwi0: unknown hdr type 47
>> iwi0: unknown hdr type 74
>>
>> and between every six or seven of the those I see an
>> iwi0: unknown hdr type 8 or 9, its diffcult to read since it goes by so
>> fast.
>>
>> Perhaps related, occasionally the iwi0 interface will go down for no
>> apparent reason and when I try to bring it back up the system will
>> also lock up. I'm using the latest version of iwi-firmware in ports,
>> 2.4_2.
>
> Can you please try the driver from here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/new_iwi/

FWIW, my testing on RELENG_6 has been very positive so far. I've been
connecting to two different APs using both WPA and WEP without issues. I
used to get the corrupted MAC message occasionally with the current
driver, but not any more.

The only thing out of the ordinary is the following message, which was
already mentioned by someone on freebsd-net:

iwi_cmd: cmd 0x19 not sent, busy

This appears right before the 'link up' message, but after
wpa_supplicant has started and dhclient has sent the first DHCPREQUEST.

Cheers,

Panagiotis