Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 22:07:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Gray - DCA <dcasba@rain.org>
To:        didier@aida.remcomp.fr (Didier Derny)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: uucp / serial port / modem problem

> Hi
>
> I recently replaced my old sportster 14400 by a brand new sportser 28800.
> Every thing worked fine with my old modem but with the new modem I'n
> not able to transfer more than 400kb before the connection hangs.
>
> I tried several modem paramter combinations,
> uucp parameters configuretions,
> some modifications in the 16550 fifo thresold but
> without any success.
>
> If fact the problem occurs as soon as the speed is about 19200bds (on
> the modem) I tried the serial port speed at 38400, 57600 and 115200 bds.
>
> Thanks for your help,

> Didier Derny
> didier@aida.remcomp.fr

You should check the supervisor revision date of your sportster and
possibly apply with U.S. Robotics for an upgrade. You can get the
supervisor ROM revision date by issuing ATI7 to the modem. There
is a revision date of august of last year that you should be wary
of. If memory, serves an up-to-date ROM will reveal a date from
Oct. of last year.

Regards,

JOhn

John Poplett