Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:30:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.net>, mgt@hytekblue.com, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPsec tunnel mode

you can do another form of tunnelling by using
a netgraph interface.
Assign the required address to the netgraph interface and then
use the IP-over-UDP example in the netgraph examples.
tehn set up teh security associations so that the  UDP packets
generated are encrypted.. this is basically the same as doing a gif
interface, except using UDP as the carrier.

Be careful about creating loops however

If I had copious free time I think IPSEC could be hacked to
interract with netgraph to give the kind of interaction you are talkign
about however.