Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:33:56 +1100
From:      richo <richo@psych0tik.net>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9.0-RC1 crash on G5 (late 2005)

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

On 27/10/11 20:28 -0500, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
>On 10/27/11 20:26, Justin Hibbits wrote:
>>I don't know the conditions of the crash, but sometime after booting, can
>>happen right away, or later, my G5 just stops.  No kernel panic, no
>>messages, it just stops.  The red light in the case comes on, and it just
>>sits there.
>>
>>Hardware:  Late 2005 model G5, Dual-core 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM.
>>
>>Anything else I can provide, just ask.  Can't provide a coredump, dmesg, or
>>anything else like that, though (machine just dies).
>>

>Is this a 32 or a 64-bit kernel? I have the same model, with a 64-bit
>kernel, as my primary desktop, and have never seen anything like
>this.

I have a similar issue on my G5 single core 1.8ghz.

It seems related to Xorg, however I can't pinpoint either. The machine has
been on for 5 days (normally enough to prompt a crash) now and hasn't hung,
it is doing the same workload as before (nothing except musicpd, I only run X
as a screenblanker)

I will build -current this weekend and start X for next week to see if the
problem is still there.

Oh, and I'm running powerpc64

--
richo || Today's excuse:

It works the way the Wang did, what's the problem

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0--