Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:16:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        audit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        security-officer@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Solicitation for auditing process announcement

John Baldwin made the recommendation that we should be more generally
announcing and recommending the use of audit@ as a source of reviews.  As
such, I'd like for us to send out a two-fold announcement, first
indicating that audit@ is willing to do review-on-demand and should be
used, especially for security-oriented commits (changes to kernel security
code, daemons running with privilege, and setugid binaries).  Also, to
appeal for those willing to help do code reviews for security purposes.

I'll probably draft something up tomorrow, but wanted to solicit comments
on the best way to phrase it, what ideas I should be presenting, and so
on.  I'd really like to pursuade our less security-sensitive committers
that there is a reviewing resource available that can help improve their
code, and pursuade those willing to do reviews that this can be a forum
for doing so.