Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 19:10:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul Cooper <n19y@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        n19y@yahoo.com
Subject:   bt848 driver on Alpha PWS 500a

Hi!

I am trying to install bt848 PCI driver on an alpha
PWS 500a running FreeBSD 4.3.  The kernel with the
driver compiles fine, but the driver is apparently not
working - the frame grabber gives just a blank image.
I tried 4 various cards based on bt848, 878 and 848A.

I also tried using various calls to the driver from an
application program, such as:

ioctl(i, MEREORGETGEO, &geo);
ioctl(i, BT848_SIGNATURE, &sig);
ioctl(i, METEORGINPUT, &dev);

etc.  They all return errno 25, inappropriate ioctl
for the device.

Did someone suceeded in geting the driver working on
that machine? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Paul