Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 13:45:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
To:        William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Radius 970424

I did not, nor do I plan on purchasing the merit server; I'm talking about
the ascend radius that comes with the freebsd package;  Please stop
pushing unsolicited email on me.

Thank you,

Jonathan A. Zdziarski
Systems Administrator
Netrail Incorporated
888-NETRAIL
jonz@netrail.net

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, William Bulley wrote:

:According to Jonathan A. Zdziarski:
:>
:> Just installed Ascend Radius 970424 and am having one problem; No authfile
:> was provided with the package, so I experimented.  No matter whether I use
:> my own or don't use one at all, I get this error when I try and radpwtst:
:>
:> "jonz" authentication failed(RC=-1): Couldn't find server in
:> "/usr/local/etc/raddb/clients": "radius1.merit.edu"
:>
:> Which means it's apparently not finding an authfile or finding one
:> somewhere it shouldnt.  How can I tell it to either 'just use the users
:> file' or 'use a specific authfile' ?
:
:This is a problem with the sample clients file we release (or used to)
:as part of our Merit AAA Server.
:
:I don't know why our clients file examples are coming up with an
:Ascend RADIUS server package (unless you forget to delete your
:configuration files and start over with the ones from Ascend!)
:
:The intention for our clients file is to comment out or remove
:the examples and use them to craft your own clients file entries.
:
:BTW the support mailing address for the Merit AAA Server is:
:
:   aaa-support@merit.edu
:
:Regards,
:
:web...
:
:--
:William Bulley                     Senior Systems Research Programmer
:Merit Network, Inc.                Email: web@merit.edu
:4251 Plymouth Road, Suite C        Phone: (734) 764-9993
:Ann Arbor, Michigan  48105-2785    Fax:   (734) 647-3185
:
:[ Reuters, London, February 29, 1998: Scientists have announced discovering ]
:[ a meteorite which will strike the earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX ]
:[ coders expressed relief for being spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038. ]
: