Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 15:23:42 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
Cc:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@altona.hamburg.com>, Mike Eggleston <mikee@sys8.wfc.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xforms maintenance tools (was Re: Tcl/Tk sysinstall)

> > One should use a toolkit which runs under both X and curses.
>
> Memory is cheap.  So is disk space...

Yeah right.  16MB of memory is $700, and 1 Gig of disk is around $1500
for my laptop.  I can buy a fully loaded desktop Pentium for the cost of
those two parts alone.  A laptop that runs X nicely is gonna cost you
about $5k, which is more than most can spend.  A laptop that can run
FreeBSD nicely will set you back about $2.5K, about half.

X is *not* an option for many laptop owners, and judging for the
(and common).

Nate