Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:06:16 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Using IPFW/NAT with multiport PCI cards

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing to request for advise/recommendations on the subject. I've
been tasked to build a router/firewall based on FreeBSD. I'd like to use
5.2-RELEASE.

Now my only problem is that I have played a little with ipfw in a
situation where I have just two interfaces, 1 external and 1 internal.
My current requirement however involves one external interface and
four (or more) internal interfaces (which should all be SEPARATE
networks, invisible from each other).

Is this doable? (I hope someone has done this before). I would say I am
a total newbie on this one.

I am looking for recommendations on the following aspects:

1. Known compatible quad port PCI ethernet cards. The cost is a factor,
   but perhaps may not be very important as compared to
   functionality/stability.

2. Guides/Pointers on HOWTO configure this WRT to ipfw configuration.
   Any minute gotchas/clues will be highly appreciated. URL links
   pointing to people's experiences also welcome.

Thanking you in advance.

-Wash

    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash@wananchi.com>
Zzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd.   www.wananchi.com
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121
Anyone who uses the phrase "easy as taking candy from a baby" has never
tried taking candy from a baby.
		-- Robin Hood