Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:19:14 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Committer status

Dear list readers,

I have currently four PRs that update or add ports, that have not yet
been committed, among them two critical:

o [2002/10/21] ports/44330  ports    update port: mail/fetchmail -> 6.1.1
o [2002/10/23] ports/44407  brian    update port: news/leafnode -> 1.9.29

The other are non-critical:

o [2002/10/07] ports/43804  ports    new port: sysutils/getopt (Frodo Looijaard's getopt)
o [2002/10/18] ports/44245  ports    new port: mail/bogofilter

I am wondering why these are still open, I believe I did everything to
file a smooth PR as recommended by the Porter's handbook, and I assure I
made a good-faith attempt at making a good port or good update.

Did I miss a tree freeze? I don't believe so, obraun has committed other
PRs that I sent in the meanwhile.

44407 is critical because it fixes a showstopper SIGSEGV that does not
happen right away, but if the software gets stuck, the SIGSEGV persists
and makes the software unusable.

I request a NMU non-maintainer update. This commit is strictly
bugfix-only, thus it should be pretty safe and it should not wait any
more. Here's the upstream NEWS file:

* 1.9.29, 2002-10-23

### BUGFIXES

- Fix fetchnews SIGSEGV that happens when new groups are added. Thanks
  to Ken Shan for tracking the bug and sending a patch.
- Work with multiple upstreams that have the same server name, but
  different ports.

44330 is critical because it fixes a POP3 breakage (read: regression)
introduced in late 5.9.X versions of fetchmail. Sadly enough, as usual
with fetchmail, it contains other changes.

44245 has been outdated and can be closed, but I wonder if sending an
update is worthwhile -- I can save my time if nobody is going to commit
that stuff. bogofilter will see another update during the next week, but
0.7.6 is fairly good. Is anyone going to look at a new PR should I send
one?

43804 is not urgent, but it is is prerequisite for Tim Waugh's "xmlto"
script (cyberelk.org).

Thanks in advance.

--
Matthias Andree