Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:46:21 +0300
From:      arb-freebsd@iconnect.co.ke
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mount the msdos primary partition?

On Fri, Apr 17, 1998 at 11:04:28AM -0700, Doug White wrote:

> > That's odd. I have a fat32 FS on my computer at home (win95B), and I can
> > mount it from FreeBSD-2.2.5. It complains about the clustersize, but this
> > is documented in the mount_msdos manpage. I mount it read-only to avoid
> > corruption, but otherwise, it works just fine.
>
> Are you **sure** it's fat32?  Fat32 isn't supported unless someone snuck
> it in without telling me.

I stand corrected. The FS on my home computer is FAT16. I looked it up
using Control Panel, and it says "32 bit" in the FS type. But then I used
fdisk to view the type, and it shows it as FAT16. I must have gotten
confused with the "32 bit" in the control panel.

--
Anand

He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting industry
attacks democracy itself.
		-- William S. Paley, chairman of CBS