Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 1995 21:04:42 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to write in physical memory ?

Hi,

what is the simplest way for a user process to access a portion of
the physical memory on a system ? More specifically, I would like to
peek/poke into the video memory of my S3 card.

XF86_S3 says 'Local bus LAW is 0xF3000000' , I assume this is the
physical address of the frame buffer (my ultimate goal would be to
have the meteor driver dump directly into video memory through
the PCI bus).

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/