Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 19:09:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Funky Micron PP200 problems under 2.1

Okay, I finally got a PP200 running with a BT946C, #9 GXE64 PCI, and SMC Ultra
PCI.  The problem is this, whenever I start doing lots of scsi disk I/O along
with lots of x-window work (especially serial-mouse input) the system will
freeze dead solid, requiring a hard-reset.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem?

On another note, anyone know where I might find a test program to see if the
PCI chipset in this PP200 can sustain more than 5mb/sec ?

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich