Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:07:02 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Anthony Volodkin <anthonyv@brainlink.com>
Cc:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fas driver

Apparently, On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 07:59:09PM -0500,
	Jake Burkholder said words to the effect of;

> Apparently, On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 11:09:24PM -0500,
> 	Anthony Volodkin said words to the effect of;
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If anyone is interested in porting the OpenBSD driver or writing the fas
> > driver for FreeBSD, I have a netbooted ultra2 available for this task.
> > The machine's was built around Thanksgiving, but I can make world again
> > if necessary.
>
> The ultra 2 has a zilog serial chip which uses the zs driver under openbsd.
> I recently got an ultra 2 and intended to start working on a driver for it
> in the next few days.
>
> The fas driver has already been ported, it works ok but there's still a few
> problems with it that I want to work out before turning it on by default.

Sorry, I'm smoking crack, just got back from christmas festivities.  I was
thinking of the sab serial driver, not fas.

Scott Long is working on making the existing amd(4) driver work with the scsi
controller in Ultra 1s and Ultra 2s, which avoids having to convert the fas
driver to cam.  Last I heard he's making progress, but not finished yet.

Jake