Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:53:30 +0900
From:      "Nathan Butcher" <nathan_butcher@newson.co.jp>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB flash memory mounting

------=_NextPartTM-000-ba7b9758-098c-43f9-adb5-a5f642aeea9f

How do you mount a USB flash memory stick into a FreeBSD system. I am using
FreeBSD 4.9

I know how to do this in Linux, but the Linux way doesn't seem to be the BSD
way.

I inserted the stick and got told that it was da1. What I did was to edit
/etc/fstab and make this entry:-

/dev/da1    /mnt    msdos    noauto,user,umask=0    0   0

that didn't work. I got some error about Inappropriate file type or format.
Changed filetype to vfat and that didn't work either like it does in Linux.

So what is the filetype I should use?

------=_NextPartTM-000-ba7b9758-098c-43f9-adb5-a5f642aeea9f--