Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:16:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Takuya Mori <moritaku@super.email.ne.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SIGSEGV while compiling elf jdk1.1

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Takuya Mori wrote:

# Hi,
#
# My name is Takuya Mori, and I am trying to build an ELF
# binary of JDK1.1.7 with my friend.
#
# We have a trouble while compiling it.
#
# Here's the description:
#
# We have modified symbol names to become compliant
# with those of ELF libraries.
#
# And while compiling Java class libraries, the VM
# gets stuck in the function,
# "void InitializeClock()" defined in
# "src/freebsd/java/green_threads/src/clock.c" and
# Segmentation Fault occurs.

Except for where you say the problem is occurring, I'd say you
don't have the linker code quite right.  If you are using the
dlfname stuff from the a.out patches, then don't because it won't
work and isn't required on an ELF system.

# Is there anybody solves this problem?

Yes. :)

# ----
#     Takuya Mori <moritaku@super.email.ne.jp>