Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:12:48 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for feedback on a Ports-collection change

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 07:49:25PM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> To keep this as a "doable" project, I also have a fairly
> modest goal:  Further reduce the inode-count of the ports
> collection.  That's it.  There are many things which could
> be done as a follow-on to this, but that's all I want to
> try for right now.

I'm not immediately sure how you'll be able to do this without
irritating the majority of port maintainers (by dramatically changing
the system or making it harder to work on ports, for little practical
gain).  I think you'll need to come up with a prototype before we can
evaluate the benefits and drawbacks.

Kris

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--