Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 05:46:54 +0000
From:      Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/VAX anyone interested?

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I got some VAXen 6420, big machines. Mine has 6 CPUs. I was planning
> > to boot myself with Ultrix, and then go on with NetBSD. Even
>
> you need heaters for the winter, right :)

the 6000s are not that bad. About 600W depending on features.
The 11/780, 8000, and 9000 are real power hogs. The 9000
was supposed to be water cooled ("Aquarius") but that didn't
work. Anyhow, even with the 6000 I'm still fighting with the
power supply though trying to satisfy it with 110 V two phase
instead of 208 V 3 phase.

cheers
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistent Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine