Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:50:33 GMT
From:      Mike Del <repenting@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Should I upgrade my BIOS??

I was looking at the Toshiba support page for my Toshiba Satellite
315CDS, and noticed that they have released two new bios versions
beyond the one I am currently using (Version 6.40 is my current BIOS
version).  I was wondering if I should upgrade to the newest version?
I have included the CHANGE HISTORY for the BIOS...

Version 7.20  11-05-1998
------------------------
Corrected a problem with models using a Sharp LCD, where the entire LCD
would become white when the system was set to standby mode.

Corrected a problem where, under suspend mode, the system may hang
while connecting/disconnecting the PCMCIA LAN card.

Version 7.10  07-13-1998
------------------------
Adds ACPI functionality for Windows 98

Version 6.40  04-15-1998
------------------------
The SVGA BIOS has been changed to correct a system hang problem which
intermittently could occur on Windows 95 systems configured for
800X600X16M colors, with display auto off set to 1 minute.

To improve power consumption performance the ability to set ZV port to
non-applicable (INT 15H) has been added. A correction has been made to
eliminate display problems, which previously could occur on resume
if specific security applications were installed.

A change was made to improve the network access performance when using
the Toshiba LAN network card.

The Clock Run function is now set to "Disable" which will ignore CPU
sleep condition when AC is connected to the system.

The DMI write capability from the T&D diskette has been added.

Version 6.20  01-07-1998
Initial Production BIOS for these models.

Thanks,
Mike