Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:02:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      P Lynch <lynch@rush.net>
To:        "Garcia, John D." <JDGarcia@cps-satx.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Questions on FreeBSD

actually, you probably chose the wrong machine for a first time
installation :/

the FreeBSD laptop support package is at www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO

download it, and follow the directions. thats what I needed to do to get
the modem and ethernet card working on mine

oh, if the CD is ATAPI/IDE then its probably /dev/wcd0c

I have FreeBSD running on a Toshiba Portege 610CT with the PAO package
just fine. But check the PAO site for the survey results and see if you
can find your laptop there. You might get some hints =)

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking