Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:50:11 -0600
From:      Alan Weber <aaweber@austin.rr.com>
To:        MPN <neubyneu@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NATD question

You are almost there, do the following:

natd -interface ed1 -dynamic

ipfw -f flush
ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via ep1
ipfw add pass all from any to any

I am assuming that you already can login correctly and maintain the IP address via DHCP.

I am successfully using a freebsd gateway here in Austin to connect to the net. I am using 2.2.8-stable. I would recommend that you disable inetd and add ssh for connection to your server offsite. The only problem I am having is that RR changes subnets every so often and that confuses the ISC DHCP client. If just the last quad changes then no problem.