Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:59:20 -0500
From:      "Kevin T. Likes" <klikes@isd.state.in.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEC 282 ATAPI cd-rom problem

I'm running 2.1.5-RELEASE on a pentium 133 with a PCI and an ISA
bus, and an IDE contoller.  I also have what is identified on bootup
as an ATAPI device NEC CDROM:282.

I rebuilt the kernel with the following options:

options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM

Running nm on the kernel shows a number of what appear to be functions
to access wcd0, but when I try to mount I get the following error:

bash# mount /dev/wcd0c /mnt
/dev/wcd0c on /mnt: Device not configured

dmesg shows the system doesn't seem to be even scanning for the device
at all.  What steps am I missing?

--Kevin T. Likes