Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:24:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Torbjorn Kristoffersen <sgt@netcom.no>
To:        Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
Cc:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Trouble with HPT366

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 12:08:47AM +0200, Torbjorn Kristoffersen wrote:
>
> > Yes, I'm using the 80-conductor cable I got with the motherboard
> > (ABIT BE6 with HPT366 onboard).
>
> Is the cable connected properly?  The blue connector must be on the
> motherboard end..  Are you sure Leenuchs is using ATA66 speeds?  Anyhow,
> I'd be careful with the HPT366, I've had nothing but trouble with my
> HPT366 based card.

I think Leenuchs used ATA66 speeds, although I'm not sure, since it's a
long time since I had it installed on my computer.

Yeah, the cable is connected properly. But I'll try to get another cable
(w/ or without the "notch"?) and test it further.

Did you only have problems with the HPT366 using ATA66 or even when using
ATA33 drives? It works perfectly here in ATA33 mode, except for the speed.

Cheers,
Torbjorn Kristoffersen
sgt@netcom.no