Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 18:03:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Kyky Effe <kyky_2000@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple host.....

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Kyky Effe wrote:

> can anyone help me.........
>
> I do not know how to setup multiple host in one computer?

I'm not sure i understand you correctly but i'm going to assume
you mean "how do i setup multiple IP addresses on a freebsd box"

the answer is in the "ifconfig" man page:

     The following parameters may be set with ifconfig:

     alias   Establish an additional network address for this interface.  This
             is sometimes useful when changing network numbers, and one wishes
             to accept packets addressed to the old interface.

ifconfig <interface> the.other.ip.address alias

<interface> is your netcard (xl0, fxp0, etc..)

you can see all your interfaces by running the command:
  ifconfig -a

> Do I need to change the kernel?(like Linux)

no.

> how the user do telnet base on the host.........
> so they should be able to go to their home directory

can you rephrase this please?

if you want to change a user's home directory, as root use the command
"vipw" to edit the password file.

-Alfred