Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 08:35:54 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any patch for fxp driver?

> Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:48:29 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> My problems with the fxp are not gone, but I get even more confused when I
> look in the source tree. There seems to be two versions of the driver in
> two different places. What is what?

The jlemmon version is the new driver that uses the mii driver and the
dg version is the old one. You can switch the one you use by editing
/sys/conf/files. Comment out the dev/fxp line (at about line 173) and
uncomment the pci/fxp one (at about line 953) and rebuild the kernel.

This has been posted to stable several times.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)