Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:10:24 -0500
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Vladimir Dozen <vladimir-dozen@mail.ru>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: VM: dynamic swap remapping (patch)

* Vladimir Dozen <vladimir-dozen@mail.ru> [010929 06:57] wrote:
> ehlo.
>
>   (Sorry for long pre-history, I believe it is necessary.)
[snip]
>   Comments?

Wow!  This is really awesome work you've done, perhaps you can put
the patch up on a URL someplace?  If not mail it to me in private
and I can put it up for people to see.  One thing though, I think
that this behaviour should be toggled via a sysctl, but I think I
can manage doing that for you.

One other question, why not just set an option to make FreeBSD not
overcommit?  I've always wanted the ability to turn off overcommit
for exactly the same reasons you do.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]