Date:      Tue, 08 Jan 2002 15:14:45 -0800
From:      "Brian D. Moffet" <brianm@moffetimages.com>
To:        "David Alderman (Earthlink)" <dwald@earthlink.net>, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Cc:        Erik Moe <emoe@mmcable.com>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KVM switch problems and FreeBSD

At 04:30 PM 1/8/2002 -0500, David Alderman (Earthlink) wrote:
>I have a Belkin Omniview KVM and have had similar problems.  The older
>Omniview does not support scroll mice at all.  The PS/2 mouse support is
>somewhat flaky too as I used to get mouse hangups when switching between
>a Windows box,  Linux, and FreeBSD.  Currently, I can only use it with a
>serial mouse in Microsoft mouse mode.

I also have a Belkin Omniview 4 port, and currently have no problems.  I
was having problems with a laptop running Windows 95, but I have since
upgraded to Windows 2000.  On this box I have the following:

1) FreeBSD 4.3 on a Pentium 3 (or 4, I don't remember)
2) Windows 2000 on a Pentium 3/4 (I also don't remember)
3) SGI O2 (mips R5000 if you care.)

Once I got rid of the Windows 95 laptop (it doesn't seem to be a problem
running Windows 95 on a desktop though) I haven't had a problem.

I don't use a scrolling mouse though.

Just another data point.

Brian

Brian D. Moffet