Date:               Tue, 26 Dec 1995 11:08:04 +600 CDT
From:      "Larry Dolinar" <LARRYD@bldg1.croute.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         cmdtool scrolling, owplace(1)...

Two quick ones:

XFree86 3.1.2 (from /pub/FreeBSD/2.1.0-RELEASE subdirs):

1. I've noticed cmdtool repeats commands *infinitely* (ie: 'ls' repeatedly
   executes) and the window must be killed.  shelltool with scrolling
   enabled exhibits same behavior.  termcap issue?  'env' shows
   TERM=xterm.

2. Attempts to save workspace by adding
        "Save Workspace"    SAVE_WORKSPACE

   to the OpenWindows system menu/submenus results in a popup basically
   stating that owplace(1) failed to execute.  Assuming it's a binary,
   naturally it's not around.  What package/port is it part of?

The gist is I'd like to set my XWindows implementation to something
approaching a Sun.  It's fairly close now (props is great, thanks Donald!)
but I'd like to get hold of equivalents for textedit, mailtool, and
filemanager..  What's the best way to proceed?  A CD distribution rather
than the FTP sites?

thanks in advance and happy holidays,
larry