Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2004 00:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Jayson Alvarez <jay2xra@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using fetch in http server that requires authentication

Hi,
  I want to use fetch to get some files from our http
snap server but it requires username and password;

Here's the details

username: renem
password: mhall[;]

How will I tell fetch to use those details and
automatically provide it when the server asks for it?

The reason why I want to do this is because I want the
task to become automated during boot time. I also
noticed the password contains special characters, but
I don't know if they'll have to be escaped. Perhaps
you do. Any idea? thanks.

-jay