Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:05:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DSL - FreeBSD - Gateway ?

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Dan O'Connor wrote:

> >Obviously, that diagram, as quoted, is incorrect.  I'd love to see a
> >cable modem with 4 ethernet ports, though :-)
>
> Mmmmmm....that would be yummy!

Yes, it would...  But why not go with a little extra $$ and go for SDSL or
something similar and have burstable, plexable T1 access with a fully
routed /24 and included Cisco router on a network that has bandwidth to
spare, and sub-ms latency on a direct line that runs across a busy street
from their office to mine?  It's actually cheaper than co-lo, too.

> >Your mail client seems to have garbled my recommendation.  (I see you
> >are using Outlook Express, which has many such known
> >problems^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hfeatures).
>

> <SHAME>I know :-( </SHAME>
>
> >Check my original message, with a fixed-width font.  My recommendation
> >was basically the same as yours.  Here it is, as it was originally:
> >
> >Ryan Thompson:
> >>Cable Modem  ---- Router ---- Hub
> >>                            /  |  \
> >>                        Box1  Box2 Box3
>

> Well, I suppose I could call Microsoft and complain that OE not only doesn't
> support fixed-width, but also strips leading spaces, but they'd just tell me
> it was a feature...

Funny things, Microsoft(TM).  Standard packaging label: "May contain
programmers".

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>	50% Owner, Sysadmin
  SaskNow Technologies     		http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   		Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2