Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:08:07 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kristian Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   MpegTV Linux plugin

I'm trying to get the MpegTV plugin (http://www.mpegtv.com, as recently
announced) to work with the NS 4.02b7 Linux release under FreeBSD 2.2.2.
Things seem to work fine until I actually try and test it on streaming
video, such as theirtest page. When this happens, the small window in
the page where the plugin is to operate is drawn, but then netscape dies
with an 'EMT trap' error message at the command prompt.

Has anyone got this to work successfully? I assume there was some reason
this announcement was sent to the FreeBSD list (the MpegTV standalone app
(linux version) seems to work fine, although sound doesnt work properly on my
machine: I get an error message whenever I try and play a movie with an
audio layer (something about an unimplemented call, presumably from the
linux emulation. Unofrtunately I deleted all the movies I have on this
computer for space reasons, so I cant reproduce the exact error message.
It also dies from a code error when I try and play a .mp3 file:

"/home/tristan/mpeg/dec/mtv.c", line 895: Internal error

Kris