Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:29:56 +1100
From:      "Craig Wilson" <craig@natsoft.com.au>
To:        "Bjarne Wichmann Petersen" <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>, "regis rampnoux" <regisr@regix.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: USB floppy drive

I got a Sony USB Floppy working by editing the file:
/usr/src/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_da.c
and placing a quirk entry for the device. Search for 'USB floppy' and then
place similar lines in the file that describes your floppy, rebuild the
kernel and all should be ok. The quirk entries disable the 6 byte commands,
and Synchronize cache.

Regards Craig Wilson